Welds metal components together with MIG or TIG welding equipment to fabricate or repair products. Welds metal parts with gas welding equipment as specified by layout, welding diagram, or work order.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school or 6 months to 1 year related experience and / or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, operating and maintenance manuals, safety rules, and short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to read prints, welding procedures and welding specifications as they relate to a specific customer’s job.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to read and use a tape measure.
• Ability to use welding equipment including measuring devices for determining weld sizes.
• Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but simple written or oral instructions.
• Will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance.
• The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• The foregoing work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Reliable and predictable attendance required.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Welds metal parts together using either MIG or TIG welding processes.
• Welds along vertical or overhead weld lines.
• Reads and interprets prints showing weldments.
• Lays out, positions work pieces using jigs, fixtures, or clamps as required prior to tack welding.
• Confirms all measurements of completed weldment meet requirements as specified on the print.
• Also reads and follows any and all applicable welding procedures and specifications setting up his / her weld equipment as required.
• Responsible for inspecting and measuring their own welds and making appropriate repairs as necessary. Also responsible for repairing any welds as required by welding inspector or QA.
• Responsible for cleaning welds of all excess weld, slag or spatter.
• Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
• Repairs broken or cracked metal objects, fills holes, and builds up metal parts as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Production
Job Type: Full time - on site, Hourly
Regions: Monticello, Indiana
Location: Monticello, Indiana