Assembles and wires component parts as necessary for power module units.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with 1- 3 months related experience and/ or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to read prints.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to read and use a tape measure.
• Ability to use basic hand tools such as screw driver, wrench, file, grinder, drill, rivet gun.
• Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but simple written or oral instructions.
• Will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit .
• The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds .
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment sound level is usually moderate
• The foregoing work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Reliable and predictable attendance required.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Positions parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled and the blueprints for the specific job.
• Drills holes and bolts metal framework and supports in place.
• Cuts, drills, and fits brackets, supports, covers, and fixtures from sheet metal, strap or bar stock.
• Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, rivets, or other fasteners.
• Bolts and screws control panels and assembled operating units to framework.
• Operates drill presses, punch presses or riveting machines to assist in assembly operation.
• Connects electrical wiring and cables.
• Installs lighting fixtures, outlets, switches, wall boxes, and terminal boards.
• Troubleshoot and test electrical and electronic components.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Production
Job Type: Full time - on site, Hourly
Regions: Monticello, Indiana
Location: Monticello, Indiana